Saturday, April 28, 2007

First Day of Official Training

Although I've been running and unofficially training for the Chicago Marathon, I started the 'official training' today. I got my butt out of bed at 5.45am, got on the bus at 6.10, and got to the Group Run Site at Foster Ave Beach at 6.45am. WAY too early to be doing anything, much less run three miles.


But the people from that Aids Marathon sure know how to get you going.... Despite the early morning hour, it was so much fun! The atmosphere was motivating and supportive, and all the people there were great fun. We each had to run three miles and were timed, and then put into Pace Groups. The group seems great, and the pace was just perfect! The three miles were a piece of cake... nice and easy. And one of the girls I met (Stephanie) and I decided to get together during the week to go for some runs.

After doing this today, I KNOW I can run the marathon! Now I just have to worry about raising the money. So those of you who have been waiting to see if I would even make it past one mile, you can go ahead and donate now. I'll make it :)
I can't wait to go back again next saturday!! And next week we're running four miles. Every week it increases by one mile.

No comments: