Woohoo!
I received a letter in the mail today from the German Consulate....
They have approved my request for Dual Citizenship!!! :)
The Germans are very strict about this and don't allow anyone to have dual citizenship without prior consent from them, unless you are born into it. So they wanted good reasons why I wanted to 1. apply for US citizenship and 2. keep my German citizenship. I filed all the paperwork last summer, and on my birthday in December I received a letter saying that the way it stands, the request would be denied. They simply didn't think my reasons were good enough.
Oh, but they had no idea how persistent I can be.... I wrote a nice long letter back to them, and further explained my reasons and why they are good reasons. I attached all sorts of documents for proof, and I must have been very convincing, because this time they agreed with me!
Now I get to apply for US citizenship.... :) And if all goes well, I'll be able to vote in the next election!
I'm SOOOO excited! Things seem to finally start going the way I hoped lately....
1 comment:
Dual citizenship rocks! ;)
Post a Comment