Dreams
Have you ever had a dream that felt so real, when you woke up you weren't sure if this actually happened? It's kind of nice when it's a good thing you dreamt about, but it sucks when it's something bad. I used to have very real-feeling dreams while I was having sleep issues and taking Ambien for a couple of months. But before and after Ambien, I've only had three dreams that really had me worried, and one of them last night...
The previous two dreams happened years ago, and both were about me. In both dreams, I ended up dying. The dreams themselves were so stupid and unrealistic, but the feeling I had when I woke up was not. For example, in the first one I was chased and eaten by a dog, and I can still remember seeing my own face as I was dead. It was so scary!! For weeks I was a bit scared of dogs, and even now when I see a German Shepherd or a Rottweiler I wonder if this is it. The second dream was more bizzare, and thankfully someone woke me up before I actually saw myself die again, because I was tossing and turning and making noises in my sleep. The story in the dream involved an old high school friend from Germany and planets. I had heard in the news that day that there was supposed to be a meteor shower that evening, and that must have stuck in my head. In the dream my friend and I were watching the meteor shower and suddenly they all started coming at us. Everything was spinning, including the planet we were standing on, and it kept getting smaller and smaller. Planets, meteors, stars and whatever else my imagination held came just flying by us and at us. Think starwars, but you're just two regular girls standing on a planet that is spinning around, while being bombarded with anything that can fly (and in dreams, ANYTHING can fly). Weird dream. But it still felt real and had me freaked out a bit. Wow... i just realized that ever since then I've had issues with dizziness. Hmm... I wonder if that's related.
The third one happened last night and wasn't about me, but about someone I really care about. I don't really want to get into the details, but it had me worried. Nobody died, but the person was seriously injured in a motorcycle accident. I was in the dream too, but I wasn't able to help. I cried so much in the dream that I almost kept going when I woke up because it felt like it had really happened.
The REAL question about dreams is what they mean. I guess we won't ever really find out, but supposedly when you die in your own dream it does not mean that you're actually going to die (well one day, but not quite yet). I've read before that it means that a part of your life is ending. If a loved one dies in your dreams, it supposedly means that the relationship with that person is 'dead', and you should let go of it. But what does it mean when someone you love gets seriously injured? Does that then mean the relationship is injured but not dead?
Who knows.... Dreams are weird. That reminds me, has anyone ever seen the movie with Gael Garcia Bernal called "The Science of Sleep"? THAT's a weird movie about weird dreams!
No comments:
Post a Comment