Tuesday, June 26, 2007

I went to the doctor today because I was really dizzy again yesterday. This happens to me from time to time. It happened the first time three years ago, and was extremely severe then. I was in the hospital for two days and in bed for another two weeks without being able to move. Every time I would move, I would vomit. It was the worst feeling ever! Since then, I have been dizzy from time to time, but not nearly as severe as then. I've gone to several different doctors, but none of them figured out anything. The first time when I was in the hospital they told me I just had the flu. The flu??

So today I went to my trusty Doctor, Dr. Lenet. I love that man! He did a few different tests with me that involved a lot of head turning. Basically, he made me dizzy to figure out what makes me dizzy. At the end of it all, he determined that I probably have "Benign Paroxysmal Positional Vertigo". He gave me some reading material about it, and it sounds about right. What sucks is that it doesn't go away.

The good thing is that it doesn't happen that much, and when it does, it doesn't last too long. Except that first time, I never had it longer than a day. It comes as goes at random times. What sucks about it is that there are things I used to do that I can't do anymore. I never really made the connection, but on the way home from the doc I started thinking about it and it all makes sense. I used to be a competitive Figure Skater and could spin around in circles endlessly without getting dizzy! Now, I can barely dance different ballroom dances that involve me spinning. When I worked at Arthur Murray I used to get sick dancing hustle all the time (the ballroom version of hustle, not the wedding version). I've also been getting sick on rollercoaster during the last few years, which never bothered me before. AND I seem to get seasick now.

Maybe all those things were unrelated and I should give them another try to find out?

Oh, and worst of all... I got caught in the storm on the way home from the doc. I've never been so wet in my life. It started when I was about 15 steps away from the Grand redine stop, and I was SOAKED by the time I got to the station. I got on the train and a couple of fellow smartass riders asked me if it's raining outside. Haha. It kept pouring until I got to Lawrence and as I was getting off the train I was told to 'stay dry'. Again... haha! I did everything but! I took the bus back to Beacon and walked the few steps home. But my street was flooded, so I was walking in water up to my ankles. It was disgusting!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yikes! To both the dizzyness and the rain!

You never know if that stuff is related - I say try it all again! Just take it one step at a time!

As for the rain - I picked a BAD day to ride my bike to the office! I decided to take the bus home rather than get soaked, but the bus took 1/2 hour to get out of the city! Yeesh