Busy Busy
The last few days have been rather busy, but fun at the same time! It was supposed to start with a Red Sox Party on Saturday night, but I ended up not making it there. Sunday was Aaron's Farewell Party, since he is moving to Orlando on Wednesday. We had a BBQ on his roofdeck, followed by swing dancing at the Holiday Club on Irving Park. So much fun!! The view from his roofdeck (here with Aaron's friend Tom) is just amazing!!

Monday night we had a dinner at Cafe Iberico. One of my collegues from Miami is celebrating her 40th anniversary with Air France this month, and he was in town this week for a company meeting and her official anniversary celebration. She's been a life long Cubs fan, and last week our boss Silvio announced that he managed to get four tickets for the Cubs-Brewers Game for tuesday night. He got the tickets through a friend who is the manager of a few local radio stations. Since he was only able to get four tickets, he decided to take Carol for her anniversary, and Annabelle and myself as a going away present. We had no idea how good or bad the seats would be, and to our surprise and delight, the seats were amazing! In the eights row... close enough to almost smell the grass (and the Brewers sweat). ;)
In true Cubs Game tradition, Pablo was also at the game (it seems I only ever see Cubs games with Pablo). He and his friend Ron met up with me during the game sometime and we decided to get a drink later. Silvio told me his friend made sure we would have access to the Club Lounge (or whatever that bar is called), so after the game Pablo, Ron and I decided we would check it out. After some name dropping and spelling (S-C-H-M-I-D) we were in, although I don't think the name of actually on the list. Either way... we celebrated the Cubs win with another drink and then headed home...The not so happy news of the weekend/week is that I somehow managed to injure my knee and I had to miss our 23 mile training run this weekend. I still went to the run to help out, and it was fun to be out there although from 6am until about 8am it was pouring like there's no tomorrow. Hopefully by next week I'll be back and I'll make up the 23 miles in two weeks just in time for the marathon in 5 weeks!

No comments:
Post a Comment