Wednesday, August 15, 2007

To the Moon and back...

I found this website three days ago that lets you enter ever flight you have ever taken, and calculates all kinds of interesting info for you.
Unfortunately I don't know if this is 100% accurate. I have records of all my business trips, and remember where most of my personal trips went and why, and not when. So... this is what I came up with:

I have flown 510,428 Miles (821,454 km)
I have flown around the earth 20.5 times
I have flown to the moon 2.1 times
I have spent 1041:23 hours on a plane. That's 43.4 days. Or 6.2 Weeks. Or 1.45 Months.
Overall, I have been on 257 Flights. 128 of them Domestic, 8 Intra-Continental, 93 Intercontinental, and 28 others (which are probably Intra-European)

My longest flight ever was from San Francisco to Sydney (7,432 Miles = 13:47 hours). Although, my longest flight was really from Washington DC to Johannesburg, South Africa. But that doesn't really count as one flight because it stopped in Accra, Ghana although we didn't get to leave the airplane there.

My shortest flight was from Frankfurt to Luxembourg (109 Miles = 42min).
My average flight is 1,986 miles (4:03 hours).

My Number one Airport is Detroit (129 Flights started or ended there), followed by Boston (69 Flights) and Frankfurt (65 Flights). Chicago O'Hare is fourth with 59 Flights. I should say that I'm not sure how many of my flights went to O'Hare or Midway, so the Chicago airports total is 77, which would make it my number 2.

My number one Route is Detroit - Frankfurt - Detroit (for obvious reasons... my family lives there and I worked for Lufthansa in Detroit). My number two is Detroit - Boston - Detroit (in part due to a 1 year long distance relationship).

To my surprise, my number one airline is Northwest! Guess it comes with living in Detroit. Plus those Detroit - Boston flights were always on Northwest. I have flown with them on 67 flights. Lufthansa is second with 39 Flights.

I have flown 113 different routes to 13 different countries, 42 different airports, and I have traveled on 19 different airlines.

The stats about my flight class are incorrect because I don't remember what I have flown. For the most part, I travel in Business Class between the US and Europe, and travel in Coach domestically. Although I do have some flights in First Class for both as well.

A little statistic this website of course doesn't capture is that most of these flights were free!! :) Most of them were business trips, free passes from other airlines, or even ID90 tickets (airline employee tickets that cost 10% of the fare). Maybe 10% were actual real tickets from before I worked for an airline.

I love this website!! And if the info above wasn't enough for you, click on the link to see a map of all my flights...

1 comment:

Pablo said...

wow... I don't think I could possibly remember all my flights and which airlines!