Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Chicago Marathon

After having the results of my MRI evaluated last week, my doctor called me yesterday to tell me that I do indeed have a Stress Fracture just above my knee and should be resting my leg. That means no running for me for at least 4 weeks to let it heal.
The Chicago Marathon - for which I have been training for 6 months - is in 3 1/2 weeks, and therefore out of the question for me. This sucks in so many way... I can't even tell you! I'm totally bummed.

My girls have all been amazing in trying to cheer me up, and have told me that we would go and find another Marathon this winter (in some exotic location). We'll just make a trip of it :) So this isn't the end of it all, but just a little break. I'll be back!

And hey, at least I did a great thing for the Aids Foundation of Chicago!! I was able to raise $1715 for their cause, and even if I'm not able to completely finish my goal, I achieved many other goals through this!!

No comments: