Quickie
Quick little update on life....
It's been busy although I don't really know what I've done all week. Last weekend was Annabelle's going away party and I'm sad to say she's gone now :( It's been so quiet and lonely at work, but thankfully I still have Barbara!! After Annabelle's BBQ I met up with Katie for a few drinks, and finally went to Pablo's 30th Birthday Party.
Monday I ran some errands and later met up (in front of our door) with my neighbor Mick and some of his friends for a few rounds of Bags. Turns out, I ROCK at Bags! Me and Kate were an unstoppable team and the boys just couldn't beat us.
Tuesday we did our Fantasy Football draft! I'm in a league with Nena, Mick, and many of Mick's friends. He and Keith joined me at my place for the draft, and we had a great (man) night. Football, the Cubs on TV, pizza and beer. All that was missing was porn and video games I think. But... it was great fun and I drafted myself a nice team. Unfortunately we found out the next morning that Yahoo was having some server issues, and only our draft order and our first four rounds were saved. We will have to do it again (starting at round 5) next week thursday. That sucks, but at least we still have our first picks. And we'll get to have a fun draft night again :)
I haven't been running for three weeks now, because my knee is still injured and hurting a bit. But I finally got to see an orthopedic surgeon this week. He sent me to get an MRI because the believes it may be a stress fracture. I should have the results of the MRI on Monday, and hopefully it will be nothing serious. The marathon is coming up in only 4 weeks!!
Otherwise, I've been doing lots of school work this week. The class I currently have (Public Relations) is ending this week AND I'm only 3 more classes away from getting my degree (with a current overall GPA of 3.7 I may add)!!! Woohoo! In preparation for the future, I went to an open house at the Loyola School of Education tonight to learn all about their Counseling programs. I've attended one at DePaul recently too, and have talked to both schools (and several others) many times over the past few months. Loyola has been so helpful and great to me, and they are definitely my first choice!! Not to mention they're a great school! They got me really excited about it all tonight, and I can't wait to start the program! Unfortunately it's a long time until then, as they only admit students into the program once a year in September.
I'm still looking for a new job and it's getting scarier and scarier every day. Katty told me about a website I should check out last weekend, and I've applied to quite a few jobs through them. It's been a GREAT tip!! It's only three more weeks until I loose my job at Air France, so something has to happen soon. I've been helping all sorts of homeless people in an attempt to keep Karma on my good side and not end up homeless myself soon. I hope that's working out for me. :) I got a chance to chat with one of them for a bit tonight, which was nice.
So that's been it. Turned out to be more than a quickie, I guess. I'm glad it's the weekend!!!
1 comment:
Never really got into fantasy sports - just too much of a time suck for me I suppose. I guess it gives another reason to be excited about the game tho...
Hope your knee gets better! Keep us posted on that and the job search!
Post a Comment