Friday, October 5, 2007

Da Weekend and Da Bears

I meant to post this a few days ago, but I haven't had any time to do it yet. I don't know how being on vacation translates to having absolutely no time, but it somehow does. As a result, I ended up canceling the trip to La Reunion. There are just too many things going on that made it really hard to leave town right now. I even made one of those cheesy Pro and Con lists this morning, and could only find one good reason why I should still go on the trip. That reason was "it would be fun". Needless to say, the Cons outweighed the Pros, so I'm staying. I'll still go to Germany the following week, and I'm now going Camping with my Running girls (and a few boys) next weekend instead. I'm actually really excited that I'm staying.


Meanwhile, my mom is visiting and we're enjoying the last few days of summer. How about having 90 degree weather the day of the marathon?? That's crazy! As you all know, I'm not going to be able to run the marathon because of my injury. But I'll still be there and will finish the last half mile with my group just to say I crossed the finish line.

My trip to Detroit was fabulous!! Nena and I had the best girls weekend ever! I spent Friday with my hostfamily, Saturday with Nena shopping for maternity clothes (for her, not me!!), then we sat around and talked all evening, and Sunday the two of us went to the Bears-Lions Game at Ford Field. We got free tickets from Nena's husbands friend, and we had been excited about it for a month! Although the Bears lost, we had the best time!! After the game we hung out for a bit to look around Ford Field, and when we walked out we happened to see all the Bears come out and get on their bus. Ricky Manning Jr. was cool enough to take a picture with us :)



After the game we went to Lafayette Coney Island downtown Detroit for some Coney's and headed home. What a great day and great weekend!

1 comment:

Christine said...

And as if to confirm my decision to stay home, my horoscope today tells me to hold off on any major travel because an opportunity will present itself soon.