Party like it's 90210?
Has a cashier ever asked you what your zip code is, and your answer was 90210? (My ex used to do that all the time, and as stupid as it is, it made me laugh every time).
Beverly Hills 90210 was with us from 1990 until 2000, and chances are, everyone in our generation has at least seen a few episodes in their lifetime. If you're a girl, you probably watched it every week for 10 years. I remember in Germany it was always on TV on saturday afternoons, and it was the highlight of the weekends when I was 12. I kept watching it week after week, season after season until I moved to the US and temporarly stopped. Since TV shows are usually a bit behind in Germany (they usually start a year after they have been successful in the US), I missed a few episodes in the move to the US as they were a bit ahead, but eventually I started watching again. Until in 2000 I moved to Germany again.... At that time the show was in its final season, but in Germany there were still a year and a half of shows left. I had already seen all that, and wanted to know how it would end! I asked my friend Kerry to tape every episode and bring it with her when she would come to visit in the summer. Being a true and loyal friend, she followed orders and we had a little mini-marathon when she came to visit in the summer of 2000. It was the weekend before my wedding, which kinda symbolized that I indeed grew up with the show!
And now I have a big confession to make.... I have become re-addicted! I can't believe this has happened to me, and I honestly don't know how I could have let it. I discovered a few weeks ago when I was home sick that re-runs of 90210 are on Soap Net (a channel I didn't even know existed!). And ever since then, I have started watching them as if I have no idea what is going to happen next. I can't f-ing believe it! It's like I've been brainwashed and can't remember if Brendon and Kelly end up doing it, or if Donna will marry as a virgin. Except, I DO remember that everyone did it with everyone, and even Donna couldn't hold out til the end.
The show is totally stupid now that I'm an adult, and I think I have become a little dumber just by watching it again. But it's fun and I can't help it, and it's especially fun on a saturday night when I come home drunk! It's my dirty-little-guilty-pleasure-secret and the first step to recovery is aditting you have a problem. So I'm putting it out there in the world and admitting it....
1 comment:
nice! I used to watch it... I was obsessed with Kelly! I think I even wrote her a letter once!
Post a Comment