Parents, Plays and Orlando
My parents were supposed to come today, but my mom just called me an hour ago to tell me that they were denied boarding because the flight was oversold. And when they arrived in Frankfurt (from Luxembourg) their flight to Chicago was already checked in full and there were no more seats. Tough luck. So they have to stay the night in Frankfurt and will arrive tomorrow morning. The good news is that they will each receive 600 Euro in cash or 700 Euro in Travel Vouchers, plus the hotel and meals until tomorrow morning are paid for. So at least it was worth it! And they already knew it was overbooked and had thought about volunteering anyway... so it wasn't really a big surprise.
In other news... Orlando Bloom is taking a break from making movies. I haven't discussed this with Nena yet, but I'm sure the two of us won't be very happy about this. Good for him for wanting to go back to the theather, but why does he have to choose a city so far away (London)? He could have done theather in Chicago!!
Speaking of theater... last night I went with Pablo to see his mom's and sister's play called the Hall of Hungry Ghosts, and I have to say it was great!! I loved it! It was very moving. It's only playing until sunday, but if you have the chance to go see it, you should. Check out the links for more information.
1 comment:
Sucks that your parents aren't coming in today! But those vouchers will come in handy!
Post a Comment