Carlos Matesanz - where are you?
I saw an old friend on the street yesterday, and I'm so mad at myself right now because I hesitated.
This guy and I used to work together at the Lakehouse at Eastern Michigan University from 1997-98 (greatest job ever!!). He was from Spain and eventually went back home to Madrid. One day in 1999 I got a call from him that he was planning on coming back to Michigan and I offered that he could stay with me until he find an apartment. He ended up staying on my couch for about a month before he found his own place and moved out. Shortly after, I moved back to Germany and we lost touch.
A few years later I was in Madrid and tried to call him and his brother (who also worked with us), but their number was no longer valid. I had given up on ever seeing them again...
Until yesterday. I was walking to Corner Bakery by Northwestern Hospital with Stef, and we walked by a guy that looked familiar. It took me about five seconds to put two and two together and recognize Carlos! I stopped and turned around to look again, but he was just crossing the street and walking towards Michigan Ave. And I hesitated to run after him because I wasn't sure that it was him. But as I watched him walk away, I recognized the walk too, and I KNOW it was him. But it was too late... he was already at the corner of Michigan, and... well... there were a million people.
I missed him. Damn it! I find a long lost friend and he walks RIGHT by me, and I don't react? I'm soo mad! I activated my undercover Spanish citizen finder to see if maybe he could activate his sources and come up with anything. I also emailed our Alumni Person at the Rec/IM at EMU, but the only record she had was a positive write up in his personnel file. Not very helpful.
So... Carlos Matesanz... if you're out there somewhere, if you happen to accidently come across my blog, or if you're reading this right now and you know Carlos, email me! :)
3 comments:
best way for him to find your blog is by using his name as your entry title. That way the search engines will pick it up - then maybe someday, while self googling, he will find it!
Advice taken :) Thanks!
But when I google it, it doesn't actually come up. Don't think this will work... but you never know.
Post a Comment