Last night I met up with some friends at Schoolyard Tavern to watch the Democratic Candidate Debate, and we had such a fun time! There was a whole group of people there watching the debate, but honestly, I couldn't hear a thing and have no idea what happened. Plus Katie and I were chatting through most of it. So I will have to watch it again. But after the debate was over Katie, Tod and I stayed for another drink and talked. I don't know why I didn't know this, but Katie used to work on Capital Hill as an assistant to a repulican senator for four years. I didn't even know she was interested in politics. And Tod is part of a group called Lakeview Residents for Barack Obama. So needless to say, we had some very interesting discussions! It's always great to hear different viewpoints. Not that either Tod or Katie are 100% republican or democrat, but they both have some opinions in both directions. It was fun listening to them give their reasons why they feel a certain way about a certain issue. I think it's great to have discussions like these, because you hear different viewpoints and this either strenghtens your own viewpoints, or it gives you the chance to reevaluate them. I love having these discussions and conversations! It was fun!
Oh, and I just had the sandwich, and I must say it was pretty good. There are different varieties, and I probably got the best one out of all of them... the Shaved Turkey Monterrey. The kit comes with a little country white sub roll, mesquite smoked turkey, monterrey jack cheese with jalapenos, salsa, and southwestern style ranch dressing. You assemble all, stick it in the microwave for one minute, and voila! The only thing I would have changed about it is the roll. I hate soft, white bread. So... would I spend money to buy this? Yes, probably. But only in an effor to save money, because it doesn't come CLOSE to a Tomato Mozzarella Sandwich from the Corner Bakery.
Friday, April 27, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Ah... discussing issues. What are they?! ;)
I used to live with a very conservative republican (now I live with another one). Sometimes its good to have people to bounce ideas off of, but when they are so determined in their beliefs, sometimes its like talking to a wall.
Yeah, it's no fun discussing things with someone who doesn't even consider other opinions...
Post a Comment