Monday, June 25, 2007

Crosstown Classic

On Friday afternoon Pablo and I went to the Crosstown Showdown at Comiskey. It was great!! We met at the red line after a half day of work, and had a few "Wifebeaters" (=Stella Artois) on the way to the game. That usually doesn't work out so well for me, but somehow I managed to keep it together :) (While googeling Stella I just found out that I'm not the only one that gets really f-ed up on that stuff. That's reassuring).

The Game was excellent and the Cubs beat the Sox 5-1. But that wasn't the only beating happening... there were SO many fights in the stands. Pablo got some nice videos of a few of the brawls. Check out his website for the footage. Another fun fact is that Comiskey, or U.S. Cellular Field, or whatever it would like to be called, has a nice assortment of ... well... everything. They had dippin dots - the ice cream of the future!! Yumm!! And of course the mandatory hot dogs and Miller Lite.

After the game we went to China Town for dinner, and then to Melissa's for the after party. Her place was awesome and she had a fabulous roofdeck with gorgeous views of the skyline. We had some jungle juice (bad idea after lots of beers), made some new friends, and caught up with some old friends (=Dave). Fun!

The next morning didn't turn out to be so much fun. I had a wicked hangover that I wasn't able to properly nurse because I was having my own little party that evening. My party was really fun too, although there were only a few of us. We had some great wine, cheese and homemade guacamole, and just sat around chatting until 3 in the morning.

Overall it was a nice weekend. I did skip running and still haven't been able to make up for it because I'm seriously exhausted. Not just from the weekend but from everything that's been going on (work, looking for new job, school, running,...). But at least that made the weekend even more worth it :)

Oh, and Pablo sent me some pictures last week for our good old Detroit times. I realized when I uploaded them that the date they were taken was in April 2004. That's how far we go back!! Back then I was living with Caterina and Gerard, and Nena and I had just met and become friends. Hard to imaging we haven't been best friends forever :) T.K was also in town visiting, and we all went downtown Detroit to "Blue". The pictures are hilarious, especially the ones of T.K. dancing ;)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ah yes... the "D"

Blue was hilarious - driving home was not! ;)

The game was a blast on Friday! Hopefully the cubbies can keep it up!